Thursday, August 12, 2010

The B-E-A-U-tiful Thing of the Day

The most beautiful thing today is…PASSION! Not ooy-gooy, lovey-dovey, boyfriend-girlfriend kinda passion but passion for what makes your soul happy! I have spent this week interviewing and researching new businesses in my area for my university paper and I have learned passion for what you do is what will make you succeed.

I interviewed a woman who started a cafĂ© after working for large restaurant corporations for most of her life. She said she couldn’t be happier! Then I spoke with a young college graduate who, with the help of her mom, started a photography and print studio…she is following her passion and couldn’t ask for more!

Passion is a beautiful thing because without it, we are merely worker-bees. I think Elle Woods (Legally Blonde) said it best, “It is with passion, courage of convection, and strong sense of self as we take our next steps into the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment