Friday, September 3, 2010

BTT- Healthy Starts



The beautiful thing today is saying goodbye to bad habits and hello to a fresh, clean start! After my doctor suggested I lose weight because of a family history of high cholesterol and heart disease, I decided it was time to rethink not only my diet but also my lifestyle.

I am 23, hardly ever sick, I love fruits and veggies and yet my doctor is concerned about my cholesterol levels. This is a stark dose of reality. If I don’t change my bad habits not, I may never change.



So, my roomie and I have decided to try a paleo-diet combined with daily exercise. A Paleo-diet, also called a caveman diet, consist of fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats. No dairy, no sugar and no processed food…so basically all my favorite things.
Tonight we had our “last super” so to speak and tomorrow begins withdrawals…it’s like being a drug addict and my drug is food.

There will be bad moods, tears and lots of venting (some of which may be on here) but I know a month from now I will feel 1000 times better and never look back! (well, maybe once for my birthday cake…)

2 comments:

  1. There is only one small problem with your food list. In no way is a true paleo diet lean meat. They ate the entire animal. They ate all the fat, the organs, and the bone marrow. One author makes the silly assumption that like us they only ate the muscle meat and threw away everything else. He did this back in 2001 when he wrote his book to make the diet politically correct. But since then, thanks to people like Gary Taubes, we now know that saturated fat is good for us, at least if it came from a grass-fed animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the meat...they ate everything and used everything from the animal. My main focus is on cutting out processed and man-made "food".

    The hardest thing for me is giving up sweets. I love sugar but for my body to realize it is just for special occasions, I need to walk away from the brownies and cookies all together.

    Thanks for your comment! I love when people feel free to voice their opinions and views!

    ReplyDelete